Posting Graphics on the OkRedPrecincts Board - Media & Graphics

Discussion of current events and news.
Forum rules
NO PROFANITY, be civil and be friendly. Disagree on content, no personal attacks, no name-calling (unless it's a Democrat).
1st report = reprimand, and warning
2nd report = removed from board for 2 weeks
3rd report = banned from board
claireokc

Posting Graphics on the OkRedPrecincts Board - Media & Graphics

Post by claireokc »

The PHPBB board type is a very responsive board program. It may seem a little complicated because it is all PHP code. This has to be because the essence of a board is a lot of participants and a lot of posting. If this were HTML, it could contain a lot of viruses and bugs and we would spend all our time dealing with that. Because it's PHP (which is a little less WYSIWYG), there's more control of bots, ne'er-do-wells, and flamers posting.

That said this isn't that complicated, and if you have requests or ideas or questions, LMK and I will try to answer and fix the problems as best I can. I'm NOT a PHP person, but I'm learning here on how to operate this board and tweek it to work for we conservatives. That's why we have passwords to get on the board, or to even be able to see any forums which means you have to pass through some extensive CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart to prevent bots from posting), as well email authentication and board control over who can be a member on the board and who can't.

So let's start with the fun.
1. Being a graphic person, I love that we can post most photos and media inline (that means in the message block). That means often all you have to do is copy the link to a video (like Rumble), paste it into the message box here and boom, you get the media to play like this: (BTW this includes Rumble which has a lot of conservative content that is not canceled like on other media sites). Hover over the picture with your cursor and you'll see the green "play icon" and click that and the media will play "inline" without having to go to the site. NOTE: If you want to go to the site, simply click on the Rumble logo at the bottom right of the media picture.

To see the supported sites, click on the Image icon on the toolbar above, then click on the dropdown list in "Supported Sites" and scroll through all the supported sites. There are a ton of them. You can also use this box to post your media, but you don't have to. If the site is listed here, the media will show up automatically.

2. To post a picture, simply paste the image URL and then select the whole URL line and click the "Image" icon above Image and it will make a coded image automatically. It will look something like this: Image You don't have to do anything else. If you would like to check this, at the bottom of the message is a <Preview> button. Click that to see how your post would look when posted live.

If you have questions, suggestions or problems, PM me here on the board!
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson
claireokc

Text Attributes and Smiles

Post by claireokc »

The toolbar on the compose message window, is very powerful with all sorts of font attributes, like bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, subscript, superscript, justifying text, highlight text, glow text, shadow text, drop shadow text, blur text (blur text), text fade in (text fade in), text direction (text direction). There are lots of ways to liven up your text with this tool bar.

Often in written documents, it's hard to get the exact emotion, whether sarcastic, joking, or simply being funny and that's what the smilies are for. So you can laugh :D , Smile :) , Wink ;) , Shock :o , HUH? :shock: (lot of that with the libs), rolling eyes :roll: (also a lot of that with the libs), Mr/Ms Cool 8-), mad :x , embarrassed :oops: , evil or mad :evil: , exclamation :!: , question :?: (more than we like from the libs), idea :idea: (lightbulb), and of course being a graphic person if you see smilies elsewhere or would simply like one created, LMK and I'll do my best to make one.

On the very top (above the Subject box of the message) are more emoticons to give the message tone an icon. You don't have to use them, but they are there for fun.
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson
claireokc

Linking Text in a Board Message

Post by claireokc »

Because of the unusual syntax (for lack of a better word) of the PHP messages, normal HTML link code doesn't work, but that doesn't mean you can't insert a link code to a word so that you don't have a long URL to contend within the message....like this: The Oklahoma County GOP site is here.

So this is how this looks when you're composing your message

And here's how to construct that
Image and that's it.

It's important to use the squared brackets, not parentheses, or the greater than or less than brackets on your keyboard. the square brackets are specific for PHPBB code