Oscars Fiasco

Discussion of current events and news.
Forum rules
NO PROFANITY, be civil and be friendly. Disagree on content, no personal attacks, no name-calling (unless it's a Democrat).
1st report = reprimand, and warning
2nd report = removed from board for 2 weeks
3rd report = banned from board
claireokc

Oscars Fiasco

Post by claireokc »

I mean seriously - who watches this show anymore? It's so...outré (that's a chic word for beyond normal bounds, bizarre - actually we fashion types use it to mean totally out of fashion). There's buzz that Hollywood is scrambling big time because they've lost so much money taking all their brave, courageous, adventurous heroes and turning them into woke wussies, they've lost a lot of money! :smh: Nothing like getting their attention in the pocketbook!

But last night's buzz was Will Smith hitting the emcee, Chris Rock, over derogatory remarks about his wife (who has been struggling with hair loss), and Will Smith got up on stage and smacked Chris then made a remark. I'm not sure it's even worth seeing, because it seems to me this show has turned into a free-for-all where just about anything and everything is permitted. Wouldn't be surprised if they all got out knives and chains and started a gang fight. Anything about decorum, polite behavior, or even (heaven forbid), setting an example for others to follow is totally undesirable. Instead, it's usually a night of seeing how outrageous one star can be compared to another so that they get the headlines or remarks the next day.

This is part of what brings so much disdain and disgust to the industry. Say what you will, but the studio overlords kept their stars in line and if they diverted, they got disciplined or even fired for illicit or undesirable behavior, because the big bosses knew that if they got too far away from the moral and ethical behavior of their audience (the middle class), then they lost their audience and would have to earn it back.

My hope is that if the industry can't get focused on the moral disgust that's being exhibited (through not only failing but dismal ratings), then maybe their empty pocketbooks will open their eyes, that they are barking up the wrong tree. They need to get straight with what they are saying, presenting, and creating to get their money back.

Now, if all those wronged by the media would start suing, then maybe we could at least get one part straight in their head about what's real and what isn't.
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson