From the Precinct's Point of View - Past Posts

Forum rules
Be kind, no personal attacks (unless it's against a Democrat), please don't use the f-word, GD-word, or c-word. 1st report = reprimand, 2nd report = kicked of board for 2 weeks, 3rd report = banned from board.
claireokc

From the Precinct's Point of View - Past Posts

Post by claireokc »

These are the inserts in the Oklahoma County Republican Party's weekly email. These are meant to help Precinct Memebers (Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and other officers of the precinct) start, work/walk, and maintain their precincts. Precincts are one of the most (if not THE most) important levels of the party organization. They are the smallest element in the party organization and the one that has direct contact with the voter. This is vital for without this direct contact information that is then transferred up through the party levels, there is no telling what the voter believes, wants and/or will vote for.

From 05/05/2022
Precinct’s Point of View

This is a little space allotted to me to give you Precinct folks some ideas, guidelines and support for getting out in the neighborhood. So for this first post, I’d like to start at the beginning.

How do you start populating your Precinct Committee and get started walking?
This is a common question for newbies, who are scared, angry, and upset about current events. We are compelled to do something, but have no experience and really don’t know where to start. When I started working in my precinct, I didn’t really think in terms of populating my committee (that means selecting vice-chair, secretary, and treasurer). I simply started walking in my neighborhood. While walking your neighborhood, you will run into folks who are more interested in what you’re doing than others - invite them to volunteer. Emphasize that it doesn’t take much time, but who knows maybe they will be able to donate more time than they thought.
But what doors do you knock on and what is going to help the most?
Further, what’s going to count the most with the time we have before the primary on June 28th? That’s where the Oklahoma Republican Party can help. They have a database program called Voter Gravity. It has an app and with this database and app, it’s not only easy to walk the neighborhood, but you can get a list of 4 x 4 voters. Four by four voters vote almost every Presidential and Mid-term election. These are the strong Republicans and a great place to start. The app also includes a map so that you can click on the app on your phone and the map will come up showing what doors to knock on first.
The Oklahoma Republican Party offers training for the Voter Gravity app.
On Tuesdays, we schedule training sessions. Email Claire
( claire507@cwuap.com ) TITLED: VOTER GRAVITY TRAINING SCHEDULE and include your name, email & street addresses, and requested time to be trained, and I will get back to you at a time that suits you. The training is free and Barbara and Claire are more than happy to come to train your group or organization. Trainees must be registered Republican and it’s helpful if you live in Oklahoma County, but not required.
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson