Here is part of our political issues that corrupts our election system.

Discussion of current events and news.
Forum rules
NO PROFANITY, be civil and be friendly. Disagree on content, no personal attacks, no name-calling (unless it's a Democrat).
1st report = reprimand, and warning
2nd report = removed from board for 2 weeks
3rd report = banned from board
walt

Here is part of our political issues that corrupts our election system.

Post by walt »

Candidates are required to, on a regular basis, report their campaign donations. However, so-called "Dark Money" is political donations for a particular cause or political issue. The link I am going to first post is an explanation of what Dark Money is and how it comes to be.

The second link is to a story about an Oklahoma Political Committee that is using Dark Money to attack Oklahoma Governor, putting his personal interests ahead of our citizens related to his Covid-19 policies, and post the whole story below.

https://publicintegrity.org/politics/wh ... is-it-bad/

In Oklahoma, there has been lots of Darm Money used in our own political elections. Most of the Darm Money in Oklahoma is from the Democrats. Kendra Horn used Dark Money in both of her US House of Republicans elections. In her first election, a huge amount of Dark Money was used by Democrats and that money was a huge reason for that first election. In her second election, I don't recall Dark Money used.

Anyone with lots of money, along with lots of friends with money can have a huge impact on our elections. I could, by following the law, could create PAC and bring in millions of dollars to spend for political issues, etc. However, as the leader I would have to be in the public, however, all the people who contributed to my PAC, I would not be required to provide a list of donors and the amount of money they contributed to my PAC.

In this case with Governor Stitt, this PAC will drop i$500,000 to this effort, leaving us citizens of Oklahoma know who is providing the funding for the assault on Governor Stitt. I voted for Stitt, but not sure I will again, my reason for this is to show some light on the issue of Dark Money and it's impact on our elections. If I donate to Stitt's next campaign my donation will be in the public. While those who do the same using Dark Money will be left unknown.

It is the Democrats that are using the Dark Money on a very regular basis. This issue could be solved if the US Congress would take the time to legislate it and get rid of it, but they won't do it as it is easy money for them and to hide it from their constituents.

The only person who we will know that is behind this attack on Stitt is Danielle Ezell, the group’s chairwoman.

Oklahoma PAC says it will drop $500K on commercials, digital ads against Gov. Kevin Stitt
Carmen Forman
Oklahoman

A local political action committee says it plans to spend $500,000 on television, radio and digital ads critical of Gov. Kevin Stitt.

The Oklahoma Project, a year-old PAC that has predominantly criticized Stitt’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in social media ads, is making its first foray into television commercials.

A 30-second commercial that accuses Stitt of putting his personal interests ahead of what's best for the state will begin airing Thursday in the Oklahoma City television market.

Related:Dark money group targets Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt with Fox News ads

Although The Oklahoma Project's current ad buy appears to run only through mid-December, the group says it will pay for ads on multiple platforms at least through January.

The Oklahoma Project is a group of moderates and conservatives who want to hold the governor accountable, said Danielle Ezell, the group’s chairwoman.

Who is Danielle Ezell? Just click this link https://vote-usa.org/Intro.aspx?State=O ... llDanielle