I'm a Fashion Person - I Can't Help Myself

Discussion of current events and news.
Forum rules
NO PROFANITY, be civil and be friendly. Disagree on content, no personal attacks, no name-calling (unless it's a Democrat).
1st report = reprimand, and warning
2nd report = removed from board for 2 weeks
3rd report = banned from board
claireokc

I'm a Fashion Person - I Can't Help Myself

Post by claireokc »

I design for other people and my whole motto is to make my clients, students, and myself look pretty. I can't help it. I know it's not fashionable, but there it is. So when I see something that's irregular, it's really bothersome. As a matter of fact, this is just eye pollution.

Last night in NYC (where I plan never to go again - OK maybe a layover), there was a gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art with the head editor of U. S. Vogue as the co-chair (she is every year), and who should show up. In my designer eyes, she looks sallow, angry (at best probably more like, "if the person who thought of this idea crosses my path in the next 100 years I'll scream like crazy") and of course entitled.

It takes me back to a childhood story and thinking of the terrorfying Queen of Hearts

From Sparknotes about Alice in Wonderland
The Queen of Hearts appears in chapters 8, 9, 11 and 12 from “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”. She is one of the playing card characters Alice meets when she is finally able to enter the beautiful garden through the door in the hallway.

The Queen of Hearts rules over Wonderland and is a tyrant – violent, authoritative and dominant.
Doesn't this just sound like Hill?...violent, authoritative and dominant?
She likes to play croquet with live flamingoes and hedgehogs as mallets and balls (but only when she wins, and by her own rules) and constantly orders the beheading of people when something isn’t to her Queen of Hearts by Disneyliking (although these orders apparently never are actually carried out).
And this hits the nail on the head - she likes to play - by her own rules and only when she wins. And when she doesn't win by her own rules, well - off with their heads then!...or maybe suicide? Hmmm?
She also has her own ideas about how trials should be conducted and is feared by all other Wonderland inhabitants because of her lack of patience and explosive character.
Yikes and this book was written in 1865. History is a constant lesson to be learned again by each generation.
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson