Artist With Autism Draws Near-Exact Cityscapes From Memory After Viewing Just Once

claireokc

Artist With Autism Draws Near-Exact Cityscapes From Memory After Viewing Just Once

Post by claireokc »

Diagnosed with autism at 3 years of age, this British artist found his voice through drawing. Today, he draws epic, near-accurate cityscapes from memory after just one viewing, and has received the award of an honorary MBE, becoming a Member of the Order of the British Empire, for his unique contribution to the art world. Stephen Wiltshire, 47, was born and educated in London, England. Describing himself as an “artistic savant,” he didn’t speak until the age of 5—his first word was “paper”—but found his expression elsewhere. “I had no communication, and therefore learned to communicate by drawing,” Stephen told The Epoch Times. “I was three or four years old when I first put pencil to paper. I started with animals and lift shafts, then cars, and finally buildings,” he recalled. “I still continue to draw buildings, only now on a grander scale.” ...

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/artist-wi ... 22905.html
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson