‘I Couldn’t Just Sit on the Sidelines Anymore’: North Carolina Parents Run for Local School Boards

claireokc

‘I Couldn’t Just Sit on the Sidelines Anymore’: North Carolina Parents Run for Local School Boards

Post by claireokc »

Like many parents who chose to run for their district school boards this year, Crissy Pratt had never been involved in local politics. That changed during the COVID-19 lockdowns when Pratt began watching the live-streamed Guilford County Board of Education meetings in North Carolina to keep up with the ever-changing COVID restrictions. What she saw left her furious. “By the end of most meetings I was screaming at the television,” Pratt told The Epoch Times. “None of the board members were talking about what was best for kids, or how to better educate them and improve their test scores.” Pratt, with 10 years of experience in teaching and 12 years in online education, decided to bring to the table a level of insight about children’s needs that she said the current board lacks. ...

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/i-couldnt ... 32149.html
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson