A Little Appliance Know-How Can Save a Lot of Money

claireokc

A Little Appliance Know-How Can Save a Lot of Money

Post by claireokc »

If you’ve been reading this column for any length of time, you know that my husband and I have repaired or performed regular maintenance on a number of our home appliances. And I love hearing when my readers do the same. Today’s first great reader tip is a good reminder for anyone with a dishwasher. Easy Dishwasher Maintenance Dear Mary: We began to see our dishwasher’s efficiency steadily dropping even though it was only six years old. The dishes were coming out spotty, even after trying several different detergents. We assumed it needed replacing. My husband decided to examine it more closely and noticed that the spray holes on the rotating jet arms were plugged with debris. He cleaned out each of the holes, and my dishes have been sparkling clean ever since. Sadly, the owner manual mentioned nothing about doing this procedure. We are thrilled that we saved ourselves the expense of a new dishwasher. — Jean ...

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/a-little- ... 16355.html
"America needs a brushfire, a moral and spiritual brushfire. And brushfires burn from the bottom up." ~ Bob Woodson